David Dietsch, CCMA II
Catherine Norton, Assessor Clerk
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 to 1:00, Wednesdays, and by appointment
Address: 562 Colebrook Road, Colebrook, CT 06021
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5, Colebrook, CT 06021
Phone: (860) 379-3359 ext. 206
The Assessor’s Office is responsible for discovering, valuing, and updating all taxable property including real estate, motor vehicles and personal property in the Town of Colebrook. After the Grand List of taxable property is finalized in January, the budget process begins, finishing with the establishing of a mill rate. The mill rate for the 2021 Grand List is 32.25.
No longer own your motor vehicle? Please click here to find out what is required to obtain a tax credit (if applicable).
- Property Card/Mapping Database
- DMV Services
- Board of Assessment Appeals
- Board of Assessments Appeals Application
- 2022 Mill Rate
- Mill Rate History
The Assessor’s Office also administers many tax relief and exemption programs. Please click here for Tax Relief Programs offered by the Town of Colebrook and the State of Connecticut. If you would like more information on these programs, please feel free to call 860-379-3359 x206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Relief Programs
- Basic Veterans Exemption – 90 day service during time of war, or discharge recorded prior to October 1, 1997; no application; file DD214 with Town Clerk
- Application for Additional Veteran’s Exemption (M-59a) – Income based
- Application for Municipal Option Additional Veteran’s Exemption (M-59a) – Income based
- Application for Motor Vehicle Property Tax Exemption – Armed Forces Member
- Application for Motor Vehicle Property Tax Exemption – Active Duty/Stationed Outside CT
- Application for Renters Tax Relief Program (M-35R) – Income based
- Application for Totally Disabled Tax Exemption (D-1)
- Application for Tax Credits Elderly & Totally Disabled Homeowner (M-35H) – Income based
- Application for Exemption of Ambulance Type Vehicles
- Applications for PA-490 Classification: Open Space (M-30); Farm (M-29); Forest (M-39) CT Forestry Services Directory
- Application for New Commercial Truck, Truck Tractor, Trailer, or Semitrailer (M-65 MV)
- Tax Exempt Application for charitable and certain other organizations (M-3)
- Supplemental Tax Exempt Return for charitable and certain other organizations (M-4)
PERSONAL PROPERTY DECLARATIONS 2023GL
TOWN OF COLEBROOK, CT
PERSONAL PROPERTY DECLARATIONS
Must be filed by any Colebrook business or for any unregistered motor vehicle(s) with the Assessor between October 1 and November 1, 2023. If you do not file by November 1st, Connecticut State Statute dictates that the Assessor must file for you, and apply a 25% penalty. Any filing received after November 1st is subject to a 25% penalty according to State Statute Section 12-42. All declarations must be completed, signed and returned or postmarked by that date. Forms will be mailed to existing businesses and are also available on-line at www.townofcolebrook.org.